In case of cancellation of the flight you are entitled to:
- A REFUND of the ticket price for the portion of the remaining journey, or alternatively
- A re-booking on the next available flight, or at a later date suitable for the passenger, in comparable travel conditions.
People with reduced mobility, any accompanying persons and unaccompanied children have priority rights when receiving assistance.
• meals and refreshments in relation to the waiting time
• adequate hotel accommodation, if passengers need one or more overnights
• transfer from the airport to the place of accommodation, and vice-versa
• two telephone calls or messages via telex, fax or e-mail
IN SOME CASES, COMPENSATION IS CALCULATED ON (EU OR INTERNATIONAL) ROUTES AND DISTANCES
To learn more, see par. 2.2 of ENAC Brochure.
The carrier may reduce the amount of compensation to 50% in case passengers are offered the opportunity to travel on an alternative flight, the arrival time of which shall not exceed the originally booked flight schedule of two, three or four hours respectively.
Compensation must be paid in cash, or by electronic bank transfer, with bank deposits or checks or, in agreement with the passenger, in travel vouchers and/or other services, regardless of the ticket price.
COMPENSATION IS NOT DUE IF:
- the airline can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances: for example, adverse weather conditions, security alerts, personnel strikes
- the passenger is informed of the cancellation:
- with at least two weeks notice
- in the period between two weeks and seven days before departure date, and if an alternative flight is offered, departing no more than two hours earlier than scheduled time and arriving at the final destination no later than four hours after expected time
- less than seven days before departure, and if an alternative flight is offered departing no more than one hour before scheduled time and arriving at the final destination no later than two hours after expected time.